What is Yoga Music?
Yoga is believed to have been around for thousands of years. Through combination of controlled, deep breathing, a series of stretches, along with mindfulness. The purpose of doing yoga is to create a sense of harmony and connection between your mind and body. The tranquility and clarity is obvious benefit from doing yoga.
Different kinds of Yoga Music
Music has been an integral part of yoga, from chanting to bells as well as various percussive instruments. Yoga music is divided into two categories in the Nâda Yoga system. The internal, silent vibrations of the self (internal music) and external music, ahata. The internal music is created by yourself and your inner processes. While external yoga music is by no means required to practice yoga, the right playlist can create the perfect mood for your online yoga session or yoga class.
Is Yoga Music only classical music?
No, but modern yoga often relies on classical music or classic music theory. Classical and orchestral music is often described as music that is positively stimulating the brain. Classical music often produces a calming effect. May people say they practice yoga to benefit the mind and reduce stress. Therefore, Yogis often turn to classical music for yoga classes.
Electronic Yoga music
In modern age, a large portion of the music released and listen to on Spotify, Apple and YouTube is electronically produced. Synthesizers and samples can create ush soundscapes and classical movement that are very soothing to the mind and therefore very suitable as Yoga music. Most of the tracks released on Nomade Records are electronic. Several of our artists also include classical elements and composition technique. other common elements are percussion, acoustic instruments such as guitar, vocal as well nature sounds or ambient sounds.
What does Yoga music do?
Yoga music helps you to feel calmer and more relaxed. Combing yoga music with breathing techniques, such as diaphragmatic breathing (Ujjayi breathing) moves us into our parasympathetic response (aka, rest and digest). Not all yoga music is slow and calm, for certain more physically demanding exercises you will need music with slightly higher BPM and more harmonic movement. Nomade Records cater for all kinds of Yoga music though our playlists and our individual artists and their unique sounds and expressions.
Recent articles about Yoga Music
- Yoga music Mp3 – free downloadOur artist Young Jing has compiled a continuous mix of Yoga Music for a full 10 minutes session. Perfect transition and variation in mood and sounds. Many yoga music mixes are way too slow and simple in nature. The 10 min yoga music mix is perfect variation, enough to keep you on your toes as well as find your flow Listen to the Yoga mix and download We would love to hear your comment on Youtube and please follow our […]
- How to make a Yoga music playlist?There are many views on music during Yoga. Some are against it, some are only looking for instrumental background ambiance, while others take it to the next level—using music to create a unique and personal feeling to their classes building their own playlists or even composing their own music. We do think there are some guidelines to follow to make the perfect yoga music playlist for your session classes or your home practice. Nomade Records specialises in Yoga music. Please look […]
- What is Yoga Music?Yoga is believed to have been around for thousands of years. Through combination of controlled, deep breathing, a series of stretches, along with mindfulness. The purpose of doing yoga is to create a sense of harmony and connection between your mind and body. The tranquility and clarity is obvious benefit from doing yoga. Different kinds of Yoga Music Music has been an integral part of yoga, from chanting to bells as well as various percussive instruments. Yoga music is divided […]
- Top 20 Yoga tracksWe researched over 100 000 Spotify playlists to find the most popular Yoga track out there. There are some amazing tracks by incredible bands and yoga musicians. Yoga music is a very wide genre, but commonly the music is soothing, smooth and intended for peace of mind. # TITLE ARTIST SCORE 1 Purnamadah Shantala 104 2 Devi Prayer Craig Pruess & Ananda 95 3 Faith’s Hymn Beautiful Chorus 65 4 Mul Mantra Snatam Kaur 55 5 Shanti (Peace Out) MC YOGI […]
- Top 10 Spotify Yoga Music Playlists 2022What is the best yoga playlist? What is the most popular yoga music playlist? And what is good yoga music? It is tricky to say. You might have found the perfect yoga playlist for relaxation, and then your concentration is shattered by an impromptu electronic number. Or you are in the middle of an upbeat yoga flow class, only to be interrupted by Grieg or Bach. Popular yoga music playlist Thankfully, Spotify is one of the easiest places to find […]